Users of Xfinity Flex, nowadays have access to more than 10,000 free movies and TV shows. In addition, they can also watch their favorite channels such as Netflix, Disney+, Prime Video, and Hulu.
Xfinity Flex has the facility to buy or rent trendy movies and TV shows. With the Xfinity Voice Remote, people can explore several other apps from one location.
However, when Xfinity Flex stops working or keeps disconnecting, it is more or less a nightmare.
If you are encountering those typical problems every day, we have listed some solutions below to help you.
Let’s get started by thrashing out some of those basics issues Xfinity Flex users are facing, alongside some straightforward and quick troubleshooting methods that could assist you to get around.
The system not getting turned on
One of the most common issues users face with Xfinity Flex is that the device doesn’t get turned on. Even though it possibly sounds depressing, the solution may be in your remote or the HDMI cable.
These simple steps will get your Xfinity Flex up and running:
- Ensure that you are using the correct HDMI input port. Make sure your Flex is coupled to the right port.
- In case the HDMI port is wrongly connected, then disconnect the USB-C and HDMI cables and then reconnect to confirm that your device turns on.
- Lastly, if you notice that the remote you are using is not working, check if the batteries need replacement. Anyway, try with new batteries.
After following these steps, your Xfinity Flex will turn on and start working even if it wasn’t. In case your problem isn’t limited to turning on, keep reading, we have ample issues and solutions.
Not inter-acting with the Wi-Fi
Every so often, your Xfinity Flex is not connected to your Wi-Fi.
The problem is a minor one. Follow these simple steps to fix your Wi-Fi to the Xfinity Flex.
- Ensure that you are connected to the right network.
- Make sure that you have entered the right password and login details to connect to the network.
- If with the above process the Wi-Fi doesn’t get connected, then restart your Xfinity Flex and attempt another time.
- Start again your Network Router
- Next, check with a mobile hotspot if the issue is resolved.
- Lessen the number of devices connected to the router. Sometimes it may come about that your Xfinity Flex is not capable to connect as many devices are connected.
Probably, it may every so often your internet connection speed may be slow.
Get the speed test done, so that your internet is working perfectly.
If Xfinity Flex keeps disengaging, it can be outlandish in the middle of your favourite show or movie. This at times is annoying. The reason for Xfinity Flex getting disconnected could be due to some minor cable issue or a loose cable or could even be a stray signal intervention. The following simple steps can overcome this irritating issue:
- Check all of the incoming and outgoing cables to your system if they are damaged or worn out.
- Lessen the number of devices that can connect to the same wireless network at the same time.
If you are using a wireless network to connect to your Xfinity Flex device, you should place the router closer to it.
Unplug your router and modem from their power sources, and plug them back again.
If you are using a Virtual private network (VPN) security software program, then you should turn it off and check if Xfinity Flex stays connected.
Apps are not uploading
A stable internet connection is necessary for trouble-free Xfinity Flex service; contact your service provider for rectification if the connection is inconsistent.
In case you’re facing difficulty in accessing a system-wide problem. By following these simple steps, the issue of app loading issues on Xfinity Flex could be resolved:
- Open other applications and check to find, if they are operating correctly. It will help you in appreciating if the application you wish to use is having any server problems or not.
- Verify to confirm that the internet connection is stable. To get started, turn off and back on your modem if it is frequently disconnecting.
- If you are using Wi-Fi, try connecting the Ethernet cable directly to the Xfinity Flexbox.
- Unplug your Xfinity Flex streaming box to restart it from the power outlet. Wait for 30 seconds, and then plug it back into the outlet to check if apps are working and loading.
- Sometimes, apps are not in a position to load as your device might have amassed a huge amount of memory. Then, you need to reset your Xfinity Flexbox to the factory setting by clearing the amassed memory.
To factory reset your Xfinity Flex follow these simple steps
- Keep your Xfinity Flex on power-on mode.
- Simultaneously keep pressing the Power and Menu button.
- Use the Up and Down buttons, to scroll and restore defaults.
- This process will restore the factory settings to make your Xfinity Flex and your apps load again. However, chances are that all data would have got erased. Then, download and install them again.
Stuck on Welcome Screen
At times, when you start your Xfinity Flex, the picture may get stuck on the Welcome Screen. This may occur due to many reasons such as poor internet connection, wobbly cables, or software issues.
The following simple steps could solve the issue of the annoying welcome Screen stuck issue:
- Ensure that you have a steady and swift internet connection.
- Make sure there are no loose cables.
- Using the Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) buttons connect your Xfinity Flex.
- Check, if your HDMI port is set to the right input means.
- Shut off your device, wait for 30 seconds and turn it on again to verify, if the matter is sorted.
Jammed Black Screen anomaly
In case you’re Xfinity Flex gets stuck on a black screen, while turning it on or while watching a movie. The solution is quite simple.
- Make sure that all the power cables for the devices are plugged into a performing power outlet.
- Check that the HDMI cable is connected to the correct input.
Remote not working
Check the batteries of your remote if it is not functioning correctly. You can correct this issue by the following process:
- Press any button on the remote. In case the LED light on the remote does not flash, you need to replace its batteries.
- If LEDs blink 5 times in a row, the batteries are weak and need a quick replacement.
Well, these are the most common issues users face while using Xfinity Flex. We hope you found this guide helpful.