Try 10 Methods Settings Xfinity Account Mail not Working Complete Guide
Fix Xfinity mail issues
Xfinity mail services are one of the apparent online communication daises. It is owing to the excess of features provided to you easily. Xfinity mail brings the easiness of dais-wide support and protected service assurance. With additional incredible features, the app is completely free of cost. This makes this service competent for both personal and professional use.
Like any other software-based service available, users may face some technical issues occasionally. These issues can be easily worked out with minor technical know-how. We would be discussing here, various ways to solve all your Xfinity mail issues.
It is better to know the exact problem before we try solving them. It would help us have a better clasp of the issues. This way, we can solve the problem easily.
Issues faced by Xfinity users
There can be diverse issues that one might encounter with their Xfinity account. We have carefully chosen and thoughtfully organized a list of the most probable issues that the users have to deal with.
The Email platform is reacting slowly
- The Xfinity account is not functioning.
- Login problem with the Xfinity ID.
- Not receiving mails.
- Xfinity ID is not responding on Android.
- Opening mail through the browser.
- The service is not functioning correctly on Apple devices.
As we have identified the problem, now we try and find the reasons for the Xfinity mail issue.
Why is your Xfinity mail not working?
There can be diverse reasons for the sudden malfunction or fault that you are facing. The most commonly found reasons that may be causing your Xfinity mail to malfunction are:
- Not having a stable internet connection.
- Using Third-Party software.
- The browser requires an update.
- Browser does not support Xfinity.
- Xfinity servers may be down for the time being.
Now that we have identified the problem and looked at the reasons causing the issues, we can proceed to look for a solution.
The possible solutions may help you solve your Xfinity mail problems.
- Solutions for your Xfinity mail issues
- Check your system and internet connection.
- A poor internet connection is a foundation for a lot of the glitches while using Xfinity mail services.
- A steady and high-quality internet connection is supreme to having a faultless experience.
- Short of a suitable connection may get your webpage not loading accurately.
- Check your internet connection:
- Open the tabs on your browser, if it does not open then follow the steps:
- Check the router or modem connections.
- The connection cables have to be plugged into the right ports properly.
- Pair your device with the modem or your mobile or PC to the router.
- Restart your modem or router.
Xfinity email server settings
Check the configuration settings. If your Xfinity account is linked with any third-party email service such as Gmail, Yahoo, or Outlook,
Hence, it is suggested to keep an eye on your server settings.
It is suggested to keep watching your server settings.
Your Xfinity mail server settings fix the way your third-party email functions. Check this by opening the email client.
To do these go to the ‘Settings’ on your PC. Then open the third-party email client that you use, and click on ‘file’ from the main menu. Then, go to the ‘account settings and open your Xfinity account. Change your Xfinity Server settings by clicking the ‘change’ button. You can check the configuration settings here of your POP, SMTP, and IMAP for the Xfinity account.
- IMAP (Incoming server)
- IMAP username: Your full email address
- IMAP password: Your Xfinity.net password
- SMTP (Outgoing Server)
- Xfinity.net (Xfinity) SMTP Server: smtp.xfinity.net
- SMTP username: Your full email address
- SMTP password: Your Xfinity.net password
- POP3 (Incoming mail server)
- Xfinity.net (Xfinity) Pop Server: pop3.xfinity.net
- POP3 port: 995
- POP3 security: SSL/TSL
- POP3: username: Your full email address
- POP3 password: Your Xfinity.net password
Problems faced in Xfinity mail sending and receiving
If the users face issues with the Xfinity mail send/receive features on their Xfinity accounts then, here are the factors that may help you resolve the issue:
- Ensure you are within your maximum limit of sending/receiving emails on your Xfinity account.
- Make sure you have adequate storage room for the suitable performance of the mail service.
- Always check your trash or spam folder for lost emails.
- While sending a mail make sure to enter the receiver’s correct email address.
- Check the configuration of your email account
- If your Xfinity Login is still not working even after you have successfully changed the email settings, then look at the configuration settings of the email.
- Ensure that your Email address is in the Email address box correctly.
- Make sure that the outgoing server field reads “smtp.xfinity.net”.
- Similarly, make sure that the incoming server field reads “imap.xfinity.net”.
Check the web browser
The services offered by Xfinity email accounts are browser-based, so make sure that you have a suitable working browser. Putting in place your browser issues is dominant for solving your Xfinity mail problems. To do so, consider the following points to resolve the issues:
- Most important is to ensure your browser is carrying Xfinity.
- If it fails then use another web browser.
- Clear all the accumulated cookies from your browser.
- Update the latest version of your browser to get the best likely performance.
Clear server issues from Xfinity mail
Check the server position of Xfinity by using sites such as downforeveryoneorjustme.com and downdetector.com.
In case there is no power supply at your location then you need to wait till the Xfinity servers are up and working again.
Check your firewall or antivirus
- Ensure that your antivirus is not causing issues with Xfinity email, so that it does not block the mails.
- If it blocks, then just immobilize the antivirus or firewall from the settings.
- It is best to carry out an antivirus check on a different device before installing it on your own.
The problem in Logging into Xfinity mail
If you’re having trouble logging in, then:
- Make sure you’re typing your Xfinity ID and password correctly.
- Passwords are case-sensitive. So, make sure the Caps Lock key on your keyboard is not on.
- Remember that you can change or reset your password.
- Find Missing mail
- Looking for mails that have disappeared, then:
- Ensure that you have not set to delete your email messages from the server automatically.
- There’s a limit on the size of email messages. If someone tries to send large videos or photos larger than 25 MB you may not get them.
- Check your spam settings and customize them to deliver it to a spam folder.
Technical glitches are a normal part while using the mail services. However, these issues can be easily resolved. It is as simple as identifying the problem correctly and the root cause of the problem. You can now follow the above methods to solve all your Xfinity mail problems.